Saturday, June 7, 2014

Forever Maze, Short story

In my dreams it felt like years. I walked into a parking ramp/garage to get to my car. As I make my way down the stairs to the level I’m on, I notice something that made my stomach cringe. I was in fact still on the level. But how did this make any sense? I had just walked down the stairs, literally. So I tried again, same level. But each time I walk down the stairs onto the new level, there seems to be a different set of rotation of doors, and the floor of the parking ramp began to get smaller and smaller.

Now, I’m just roaming through a hallway filled with doors that I do not know where it leads to. I feel like I’ve been trapped here forever. Not only that, I don’t remember since the last time I wasn’t running. I’ve been running on my two feet forever. Something is chasing me. I feel like I’ve seen him or it before and never want to go back. The further I try to climb back up the parking ramp, the more I feel like he’s trying to pull me back down. I feel like I’m never going to escape.

But then suddenly I take a different turn in the hallway, and through a door I’ve never seen before. I’m into a new hallway now and there’s a big door in the middle with a key pad lock on it. Damn, how the hell am I supposed to get out now? I walk to the door, it’s not lock. I open it and run through as fast as I can. Lights turn out, I’m being pulled down again.

I can sense it slowing making its way to me, I’m still running. I remember exactly where that door was. Just as I reached the door, to my surprise, there were 2 people there as well. One was a big and well built dude, the other was a tall and skinny old guy. But it seems like they’ve done this before. They motion for me to follow, I had no choice but to obey. Follow these guys (whom I recognize in real life who they were but won’t name names J) or risk the chance of being stuck in this maze forever. We run through the same way I’ve come before but this time the two guys ask me to wait. They were trying to set a trap.


And they did. We waited for the thing to walk down the stairs. The whole time my body felt like it was being crushed by an anaconda, I was literally that scared. But not this time, just as the thing made its way down, the big guy struck a metal rod right through the things head and it falls flat on the ground. It took the shape of a human being, a bald guy dressed in a black suit. Green gush was coming out of his body and I looked at the door, which was now shining extremely bright. I was so scared that I ran as fast as I could and jumped through the door. It felt like I had broken through a barrier. I am now finally on the outside, and the sunshine feels great, the sunshine feels great.

No comments:

Post a Comment